Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It's finally here

I'm sitting here in our kitchen listening to the NPR coverage of the inauguration and wondering how I'm going to get through the day without crying too much...it is SO exciting that this day has finally come.  Spent most of yesterday shopping for the party in my Obama t-shirt, and was stopped again and again by people giving me a thumbs-up, or asking me where I got it...even at CostCo people smiled.

Bizarrely it seems that very few other people in town thought of having a big inaugural party, so we got listed in the Chronicle 3 times as *the* party to go to - which would be great except that we can only handle about 200-300 comfortably.  Am busy setting up contingency plans in case we are truly overrun and have to close the doors.

Art & I are both feeling mostly better, still with plentiful phlegm, but less fever & other symptoms.

much love to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment