Sunday, January 4, 2009

We Heart the Wagon/PDX snow

Hi Lovelies!
I'm sipping chamomile tea in my pajamas while Marsh reads Ramona to sleep after a bath with girlie: these days, Ramona chooses who should "do bath" and who should "do bed." I got to to do bath.

We've had a pretty sweet week of sober, which hasn't been too tough--the not smoking, however, has been more challenging, but we're just barreling ahead with it. I have eaten about 1,000 pounds of baby carrots and drunk roughly a cistern full of herbal tea, but I'm pretty determined. It's good news.

I actually credit Mexico with giving me an entirely new perspective. When we went bird watching with the guide so early in the morning, a young, healthy person who talked at length about his wife and their kids, conjuring this image of a healthy foursome up at 5 am drinking juice and playing, seeing the world wake up together, it really touched me. It's a great time to experiment with being healthier, being up and clear in the morning.

One of my friends who is a yoga fiend referenced a strand of yogic thought that suggests that the human body/spirit corresponds to the globe: you have to actually move about the world to sort of turn on the lights in various neighborhoods of your spirit. Mexico feels important to me. Thanks so much for bringing us there, and for being there, all.

Give our love to Nana, Sara. I hope that we can plan to be in the same place again soon!
XOXO,
Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment